Leicester City Hockey Club is pleased to announce that, following feedback received from members and a subsequent risk assessment, it is to run its first lockdown hockey session.
Taking place on 20 June 2020 at St Margaret’s Pastures, from 11am to 6pm, coaches from across the club will be running hourly scheduled hockey.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
- The day is broken into TWO groups:
- 11am to 1pm will be available for academy players (Under-14s)
- 1pm to 6pm will be available for anybody (both in and outside the club, including under-14s)
- Spaces are limited, so book a slot early (see HOW TO BOOK, below)
- Prioritised spaces will be made available to members. However, we will be offering this opportunity to players across the county.
- The pitch will be split into THREE sections
- Each section can host up to FIVE players
- This means there will be a maximum of FIFTEEN players (plus at least ONE coach) on the pitch over the course of an hour.
- Coaches will be available to support or facilitate training (the intention will be to provide a coach per-pitch section, wherever possible – all coaches are volunteers)
- Run and plan exercises for all the THREE groups (fitness, technical skills and mini-games are options)
- If you prefer to do your own plan of activity, that’s fine. Coaches will support as required
- Coaches from across the club have committed to support this, including the Ladies 1s coach
- As you would expect, all coaches are:
- DBS checked
- Suitably qualified
- The cost for each scheduled slot is £5 per-person and a PayPal invoice will be sent once a session is booked (this is to limit the amount of on-day admin that needs to occur
- COVID-19 specific insurance is NOT available:
- We’ll therefore NOT be opening the centre
- Toilet facilities WILL be available
- Parents and others will be unable to congregate in the pavilion
- Entrance and exit from the pitch will be through gates on the opposing sides of the pitch
- As usual, Under-16 players will be unable to leave the pitch UNLESS parents are clearly visible to the coach
- Any attendees who indicate a level of risk to others will be told to leave
- Balls and cones etc. will NOT be cleaned between each session BUT hand sanitiser will be available to all
- Everyone will maintain the 2m distance during training
HOW TO BOOK
There are no limits to the number of slots you schedule. If you particularly fancy eight hours of hockey – great!
If you want to work on something specific, please let Paul know and he’ll do his best to find a way to make it happen.
Paul will put people into appropriate groups and email a schedule to all.
If you’re not on the list, you’re not coming in. All players turning up WITHOUT a booked slot or without having paid will be asked to leave.
Deadline to book is 18 June 2020